We got out there on Friday and we went to the golf course where my parents work so that they could show the girls off to their coworkers. The girls were very good on the drive out there and were also well behaved at the golf course. I met a guy at the golf course that has 11 month old twin boys. He assured me that things do get easier, but then they get mobile. He said that the coolest thing is when the babies notice each other and start to interact. I know Ben can't wait for our girls to do that. I didn't think to ask the guy how old his boys were when they started that.
When my parents got off of work we took the girls to their first restaurant. We went to Houlihans for lunch since it's right by the golf course. It was really good, and the girls were also really good. Paige needed to be held for a little while, but other than that they were content in their car seats.
We spent Friday and Saturday night at my parents' house and it was great. My parents took the night shifts with the girls so that I could get some sleep. I still had to get up to pump- and to help out when Paige spit up all over my mom, but at least I got more sleep than I normally do.
Saturday we took the girls into downtown Front Royal and we walked around for awhile. It was a beautiful day and it was nice to be out walking around with them and not stuck in the house like I normally am. The girls slept basically the whole time we were out walking, so they got a nice nap in and we didn't have to worry about them crying.
Sunday my mom and I came back to our house. That afternoon my mom's cousin, Susan, came by to meet the girls.
My mom spent Sunday night here and most of the day on Monday. Monday afternoon we had a "changing of the guard" and Ben's mom came over to help me out so my mom could get home. Ben got home Monday night and is back at work today.
Here are some pictures from the weekend:
Hanging with Grandpa Dude on the couch
Paige and Virginia in their stroller at the gazebo in downtown Front Royal
Grandpa Dude pushing the stroller and carrying the diaper bag
Paige hanging out on the floor and Gramma and Grandpa's house
Virginia getting so hungry that she decided Paige's head looked tasty!
On the couch with Mommy
Virginia and Paige on cousin Keats' Spiderman couch
No comments:
Post a Comment