Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One year ago today...

First of all, for anyone who doesn't know- today is my 30th birthday! I always wanted to be married and have two children by the time I turned 30, but I never thought I would have both children at the same time.

Anyway, it was one year ago today that I got my first positive pregnancy test! Ben and I were spending the weekend at his parents' weekend home in West Virginia. I wasn't sure if I wanted to test or not because I didn't want to be disappointed on my birthday if it was negative. But I woke up that morning and something was telling me to just go ahead and test, so I did. I could hardly believe it when it was positive! I ran upstairs and woke Ben up telling him to look at the test. We were both so excited! We laid in bed and hugged and smiled. It was awesome!

Ben actually made me go to the grocery store and buy another test to take- he wasn't sure he could believe the first one. So I went to Food Lion and bought a pregnancy test and pancake mix. I refused to only buy the test. As Ben put it, I'm probably one of very few women who buy a pregnancy test on a Sunday morning in Berkeley Springs, WV and actually want it to be positive.

That afternoon we went to my parents' house for my birthday celebration. We just kept smiling at each other, but didn't tell anyone why. If anyone noticed they probably thought we were crazy. It was seriously one of the greatest days of my life, at least to that point.

Now a year later I have two beautiful little 4 and a half month old daughters who I love more than anything in the world... What a difference a year makes!

No comments: