Saturday, March 10, 2012

Swim Class

Paige and Virginia started a new session of swim classes yesterday.  This is their first session where we're not in the pool with them.  They were really excited to go, but then once it started they wanted nothing to do with it.  I had to force them into the pool and then they just stood there and stared at the teacher like she had three heads.  I went over and had a good little talk with them and convinced them that they needed to participate.  From that point on they did well.  They stayed with the class and had a good time.  I didn't get any pictures of them in the pool because I was trying not to watch them so they would participate better.  I hope they'll do better next week so that I can get some pictures.  I did get this one picture of them when they got out of the pool, though.  Think they had fun?
The really nice thing about Friday classes is that there is only one class at a time so after their class they can stay and play in the pool.  I let them play in the playground area of the pool for a little while after their class and they were so happy.  Then they took their first showers in the locker room.  They did great with that, too.  They keep asking to take showers at home now, so they must have liked it.

No comments: