Paige boarding our plane to Dallas!
Unfortunately, I was sick for the trip and from Friday evening until Sunday evening I spent all of my time either in bed in the hotel room or in medical facilities. I discovered Friday morning that I had a fever, but I didn't have much choice but to get on the plane. I figured it was just a little virus or something. By the time we got to Dallas we'd decided I needed to see a doctor, so Friday night when we got into town we dropped the girls off with Mimi and Pops at Lloyd and Shannon's house and headed to an Urgent Care. The doctor there was great and ran tests until she figured out what was wrong with me- a kidney infection. She gave me a shot of antibiotics and sent me "home" with a prescription for more. She called me the next afternoon to check on me and since I was in bed shivering with a 102 degree fever, she told me to head to the ER. So Saturday, instead of going to the rehearsal dinner we went to the emergency room. They ran more tests, gave me more drugs and did a CT scan to check for stones (I didn't have any- thank God) and sent me home with more prescriptions and feeling somewhat better. Thankfully my fever broke on Sunday and I was feeling better enough to go to the wedding Sunday evening.
The three adorable flower girls-
Paige, Skylah and Virginia
Ben walking his mom down the aisle before the wedding.
The family vows
Lloyd not only said vows to Shannon, but also said vows to her three children, Baylee, Connor and Brooks. In return Baylee read something to Lloyd that she had written. I'm not sure there was a dry eye in the tent.
Dude and Dee with Paige and Virginia
The Rowlands!
Looking at me you can't even tell that I was in the ER 24 hours before this.
Apparently being a party animal for a weekend in Plano is exhausting- Virginia slept on the plane ride home.
While I'm sad that Ben and I had to miss the pre-wedding festivities, I'm just so happy that I recovered enough to make it to and enjoy the wedding. I'm also very thankful that our parents were in Texas with us and were willing to step in and help take care of me and the girls. I don't know how we would have managed without all of our parents that weekend. Thank you, Dee, Dude, Mimi and Pops! And congratulations Lloyd and Shannon! We hope you have a wonderful life together!







No comments:
Post a Comment