As we were walking through grounds on our way to the bookstore the girls decided to run down into the amphitheater and play on the stage. I see Paige in the picture on the stage, but I don't know where Virginia was. And, of course, Miller Hall in the background.
The Rotunda under construction
Ben had to teach the girls about the Whisper Wall. If you sit at either end and whisper into the wall the person on the other side can hear you clearly. It's pretty cool and the girls had fun playing there.We took a walk all the way around the stadium before the game and had to check out the wall of fame. Here are our twins, Paige and Virginia, with the plaques for the Barber twins, Tiki and Ronde, who both went on to have stellar NFL careers after graduating in 1997.
And here is Virginia and Paige with Thomas Jones' plaque. Thomas Jones is my age (exactly 3 months older than me, actually) and played for UVA for the 4 years that I was there. No, I did not know him. :) But I did watch him play running back in most of his games there.
David A Harrison III Field at Scott Stadium
GO HOOS!
Another attempt to cool down- snow cones!
It was a wonderful day trip to the Academical Village and we're so glad we were able to do it! The girls have already asked if we can go to another game next year. We'll be playing that one by ear since we know for sure that we're going to the Battle at Bristol in September to see UT and VT battle it out in front of the biggest college football audience ever!
No comments:
Post a Comment