Sunday, April 26, 2009

Baptism

Today was Paige and Virginia's baptism. We had them baptized at Wesley United Methodist, which is the church I went to growing up and the church where we got married. It was a great day! The church service was outside in celebration of Earth Day, which sounded like a wonderful idea when we were planning this, but who would have ever thought it would be 90 degrees in April? It was today. It was really hot out there, but the girls did great! I think everyone was jealous of them when they got baptized because I'm sure that water cooled them off some.

The girls' baptism gowns were made out of my mom's wedding dress. It was my mom's idea, so I found a seamstress in the area and got them made. They turned out awesome!

Virginia and Paige in their baptism gowns and bonnets

Another shot of Virginia and Paige in their baptism gowns

A family picture right where Ben and I stood when we got married!
Virginia, Tobi, Ben, Paige

Paige and her daddy
Virginia and her mommy

Virginia getting baptized
Paige getting baptized

Beth and Mollie in the first edition of "Baby Wars"
Beth, Virginia, Ben, Paige, Tobi, Mollie and Steve
Beth, Paige, Steve, Mollie and Virginia
As you can see from the pictures, my friends Mollie, Steve and Beth came for the baptism and to lunch afterward. Ben's brother, Lloyd, also came to town for the baptism, but somehow we didn't get any pictures of him today. Here's a picture of the 5 of us from last night, though.

Ben's parents had everyone over to their house for lunch after the baptism. They put together an awesome salad bar! It was a great idea and worked out great considering how hot it was out today. Thank you, Lloyd and Nancy!

I got a couple of cakes made for the day. We had one at the church and then another at Lloyd and Nancy's house. Thank you for making the cakes, Eva! They were delicious!
Ben and I were very impressed with how well the girls did today. It seems like everytime we take them out for something like this we are amazed at how well behaved they are. We are so incredibly lucky and blessed to have such wonderful daughters. And our daughters are lucky to have so many people that love them so much and wanted to be there with them today, whether they were able to be there or not. Thank you to all of the people that were there today!

And, Mollie, thanks for making me cry! You are so awesome!

3 comments:

Christi said...

sounds like it was an awesome day! love their dresses, how special they were made of their gma's wedding dress!!

Bethany said...

They looked so pretty! I was thinking about you all day! I am overjoyed that it went so well! :o) Wish I had been there!!

Mollie said...

That sounds terrible - I didn't mean to make you cry! I just didn't want to tell you I had the shells until I made something with them :)