Here are Paige and Virginia before we went out to lunch last Sunday with Gene, Raluca, Tony and Olivia. The "shirts" they're wearing are supposedly 18 month dresses! They were barely long enough to be shirts on Paige and Virginia!
Last Saturday Grandma and Grandpa Dude came over for dinner. Here are Paige and Virginia with them.
Virginia is crawling! Really crawling- up on all fours crawling! She still moves around faster when she army crawls, but she's crawling more and more. She thinks it is really fun to crawl/army crawl into the kitchen and play with the dog's water bowl. Or she crawls to the basement door and plays with the cat door. She even trapped me in the basement the other night.
The girls were playing on the floor and Jefferson needed to go outside, so I took him down through the basement and out in the backyard. I had closed the basement door behind me so that neither of the girls could get to the stairs, but there was one thing I didn't think about. While I was downstairs Virginia crawled over to the basement door and was right in front of it playing with the cat door. So Jefferson and I couldn't open the basement door enough to get out. I tried talking to her through the cat door to see if Virginia would move, but instead she just moved closer. She was smiling at me and reaching through the door to me. I managed to get the door open enough that Jefferson got through, but that just made things worse. Instead of just having a baby blocking the door, I then had a baby and a dog blocking the door. Eventually I figured out that if I reached through the cat door and pushed Virginia back I could get the door open enough that I could sneak through, so that's what I did. I got out and everything was fine...
Virginia has another new skill, this one she just started this week. She's pulling herself up to a standing position! She mainly does it at the toy box, but can also pull up using someone's fingers or legs. It's scary to think that she could be walking soon. EEK!
Oh, the other thing Virginia just figured out yesterday is how to get herself from kneeling to a sitting position. She can't get to a sitting position from crawling yet, but I'm sure she'll figure that out soon.
Paige hasn't quite figured out crawling. She can push up on all fours and move a little, but it's backwards. Then she gets frustrated because she's moving away from where she wants to go. It won't be long before she figures it out. Paige is working on pulling herself up. She can get up on her knees, but can't get up on her feet yet.
The girls had pancakes for the first time today! The recently started eating yogurt and love it. The next thing I was going to start them on was cheese, but this morning I was making pancakes and decided to cut one up for them. They seemed to love it! I'm trying to get them to eat more finger foods, but it's hard to figure out what to give them. I'm figuring it out, though.
Virginia has discovered the cat and the stairs. Here are Virginia and Ashtree staring each other down.
1 comment:
I love love that first picture of Paige and Virginia in the chair!! so happy and smiley! :)
Post a Comment