Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fun day at home

Today we had a fun day at home. Ben left this afternoon for Ohio for work for a couple of days, so we tried to make the most of the time that he was here today to play with the girls. We didn't do anything too exciting, but we still had fun. Ben and I decided to take the girls out to play in the front yard/courtyard area in front of our house. And, of course, Jefferson went with us. The girls had fun playing with leaves, walking Jefferson and trying to climb the stairs to other peoples' homes. Ben and I had fun watching our little girls have fun.

Paige sitting in the grass

Virginia and Paige making a break for it

Virginia holding onto Jefferson's leash

Paige and her daddy

Paige with Jefferson's leash

Virginia and her daddy

Paige walking Jefferson
After playing outside we came back inside to play for awhile. Paige, who we often refer to as our lounge lizard, laid back in her daddy's lap and played with her book and toys. Then Virginia sat in her daddy's lap and he read her a book. It's almost like the girls knew he was leaving for a couple of days so they wanted to spend extra special time with him today.

Paige lounging in Ben's lap

Ben reading Virginia a book
Ben left shortly before afternoon nap, so I was on my own from that point on. After their nap, I fed the girls dinner which Ben had been sweet enough to make for us before he left. Wasn't that sweet of him?! I love that man! After dinner I took the girls and Jefferson for a long walk. It was really nice to get some exercise and the girls did great in their stroller. When we got back from our walk I went to get a drink of water from my cup and the girls wanted some, so I tried to let them drink from my cup. Paige did fine, but when I tried to give Virginia a drink she decided to stick her hand in the cup. Well, then I didn't want to drink it anymore, so it became a toy. The girls had the best time playing with the water in my cup. They made a mess and got my short soaking wet, but they had fun! Here is a little video I took of them playing in the water. I had to hold onto the cup, so I took the video with my left hand, holding the camera up above the girls. I couldn't see what I was filming, but I think it still worked alright.


By the way, the strange noise you can hear in the background is Jefferson panting. I really wore him out by taking him on a 40 minute walk. And what I'm reacting to at the end is Paige managing to knock the cup over and spill some of the water onto the rug. I had to stop taping to clean that up.

And it was bath night, so I was on my own giving the girls their baths. Let's just say it didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Paige cried through most of her bath and didn't want to sit in the bathtub. After baths they were fussy and antsy, so I put diapers and lotion on them upstairs and brought them back downstairs. I went ahead and gave them their bottles before I got their sleepers on them.
Paige and Virginia drinking their bottles
I did finally get their sleepers on them and let them finish their bottles and put them to bed. I'm already ready for Ben to come home. I really don't like it when he's out of town, but it's part of his job now, I just have to deal with it. Thankfully this should be his last trip until he and I go to Hawaii next month!

No comments: