We have had beautiful weather for most of the last week, so we've tried to get outside and enjoy it as much as possible. The girls were sick last weekend with some sort of stomach bug. I was lucky enough to miss most of it since I was in New Orleans with a big group of Moms of Multiples. We had a great time, but I felt bad that Ben was home dealing with vomit while I was off having fun. Virginia was still sick on Monday so we kept the girls home from daycare on Tuesday- and I stayed home from work with them. I had a doctor's appointment Tuesday afternoon so my mom (who just got home from Alaska Monday night) came up to watch the girls for me so I could go to my appointment. Ben's poor mom was home with the stomach bug that the girls and Ben had had over the weekend. My mom had been in Alaska to visit my brother, sister-in-law and nephew, and while she was there they all met in Anchorage for the start of the Iditarod dog sled race and she brought the girls Iditarod t-shirts. They're a little big, but that didn't stop the girls from wearing them.
Paige with Daddy and Virginia with Grandma Cindy
running around outside

Virginia in her slightly too big Iditarod shirt

Paige playing outside with her daddy

Virginia peaks out from behind the tree

Virginia and Paige try to get in the front door.

Wednesday the girls spent the day at home with Mimi, who was feeling better. The girls had a great day with her, but didn't get to play outside much because it was a little chilly in the morning.
Thursday was a beautiful day so I decided to go straight home after work, change clothes, get the stroller and jog up to pick the girls up from daycare. It felt good to run outside and I think the girls enjoyed the ride in the jogging stroller.
Paige and Virginia in the jogging stroller

Once we got home I let the girls play with the stroller a little bit. Paige managed to climb back into the stroller. I stopped Virginia before she could climb in because I had been trying to pump up one of the tires and instead of getting air into it, the tire went flat. I didn't think it needed extra weight on it, so I wouldn't let her climb in. The next day I took the stroller to the gas station and pumped up the tires. It's ready to go now.

Ben had to work late on Thursday, so the girls and I were on our own for dinner. They didn't want to go inside after our jog home and playing with the stroller, so I decided we would have a picnic dinner on the deck. They loved it and I have a feeling we'll be doing that often this spring and summer.
Here is Paige asking for more and Virginia watching me intently.

Friday the girls went to daycare again and I went to work. Since the girls missed daycare on Tuesday their center was nice enough to let me switch their second day, so I decided to take them Friday. It worked out well. After we got home from work and daycare the girls wanted to go outside again, so we went out on the deck.
Paige hanging out on a deck chair wearing her fishing hat

Virginia drinking some water and wearing her fishing hat

The weather this weekend could not have been more perfect! Saturday we knew we needed to get outside, but didn't want to go far, so we went to a local elementary school (the one Ben went to for 1-3 grades, I think) and played there. We first took the girls down to the field and let them run around. Then we headed to the playground. It's really for elementary school age children, but our girls still had a great time on it. After playing on the playground we went out to lunch. Virginia cried most of the way to the restaurant because she didn't want to leave the playground.
Virginia and Ben heading for the field

Paige looking through the backstop

Paige and Daddy playing in the field

Paige reaching down to pick something up

Me, Virginia and Paige heading for the playground

The girls took right to the playground, especially the smallest slide on it. They loved climbing the stairs up to it and sliding back down.
Paige on the stairs

Virginia getting ready to go down the slide

Virginia and Paige going up the stairs to the slide

Paige

Virginia

We all had a great time playing that the playground. Ben and I did learn one thing, though, and that is that it is nice to have at least one extra adult at the playground with us just to take pictures. I missed being able to take pictures of some of the things the girls did just because I had to be there to help one while Ben was helping the other. That's okay, though, all that really matters is that they had fun. There will be lots of trips to playgrounds for us this spring and summer. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment