Friday morning Paige, Virginia, Jefferson and I headed over to the new, big house to meet with some contractors. I had a couple of flooring guys and a painter come by to give us estimates. We got new floors put in on the top floor: new carpet in the bedrooms and hardwood floors in the hallway. We also got a few rooms painted along with the ceilings on the top floor. Anyway, while waiting for the estimates we showed Jefferson his new backyard and he ran around and loved it. Paige and Virginia played on their swing set, which they really love. After the men came and gave us our estimates the girls and I went to Panera for lunch and then went back to the house for Jefferson and headed to Dee and Dude's house. Dee was at work so we just hung out with Dude.
Paige and Virginia had a great time riding their tricycles- and somewhere along the way they learned how to ride them really well. They were riding all over the driveway. That is until we sat down for a bit and Paige's temperature started to rise. She was so pitiful sitting on the porch swing. And of course, we were on the top of the mountain and had no thermometer and no children's Tylenol or Advil or anything. Thankfully one of my parents' neighbors came to our rescue. He gave us a thermometer (to keep, which came in really handy all weekend) and what was left in a bottle of Children's Advil. I took Paige's temperature and it was around 103, so I coaxed her into taking a dose of Advil and within about 30 minutes she was up and moving around again. She even wanted to go with Dude to take the dogs for a walk. She was fine until I went to put her in bed at which point she threw up all over herself and her bed. I got her cleaned up while my dad cleaned up everything else. After that she was fine, though. I let the girls come back downstairs and lay on the couch with me until they fell asleep.
Saturday morning we got up, had breakfast and headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Dee rode with me and the girls while Dude drove himself. We got down there in time for lunch and ate a nice meal of sandwiches (with Grandpa's tomatoes- the best tomatoes ever) and chips. Then the girls got their tricycles (we took them with us) out and rode them all over Grandma and Grandpa's driveway. Grandpa was playing in a golf tournament so he wasn't around that day and we just hung out with Grandma. Dee and I also took the girls to The Cheese Shop and a bake shop for some treats. And then it was back to the tricycles and checking out the garden, peach trees and tractors.
Shortly before dinner Virginia spiked a fever. It was seriously almost exactly 24 hours after Paige had spiked hers. I got some Advil into Virginia and, just like it did for Paige, it worked like a charm. She missed dinner, like Paige did the day before, but after a little nap she was up and playing again. Then Grandpa came home and the girls had fun playing with him. Dee bought them a new game and they had to show him how to play it so they could all play together. The girls were up late again that night but then Dee and I finally got them to go to sleep on their couches.
I slept in the same room as the girls and in the middle of the night I heard Virginia making noises in her sleep. I picked her up and put her in bed with me and I noticed she was a bit warm but I wasn't concerned and we went back to sleep. About 1:45 she woke me up because she was kicking the covers off of her. I felt her and she was really warm so I got up and took her temperature- 103.2, ugh. I got her the last of the Advil, but she wouldn't take it for me. She started crying for Dee, so I went to the room next door and woke Dee up. With her help we got Virginia to take the medicine. Dee cuddled her for awhile and then she finally went back to sleep. Virginia spent the rest of the night in bed with me and was just fine. And she was fine in the morning.
We spent the morning playing at Grandma and Grandpa's house. The girls rode their tricycles some more and they got to help Grandpa pick peaches. After lunch we headed for home. It was a great weekend with the girls' grandparents and great-grandparents. We'll have to find a time to get back down to Grandma and Grandpa's again soon.
Now for the pictures!
Virginia playing on her slide in Dee and Dude's driveway.
Personally I liked the way she put Bear on the basketball hoop.
Poor little feverish Paige on the swing with Dude.
Virginia and Paige after their bath looking out Dee and Dude's window.
Paige in Grandma and Grandpa's bay window.
Smiley Virginia
Paige and Virginia riding their tricycles.
Paige on Grandma's tractor.
Virginia trying to figure out how to start Grandpa's tractor.
Running back toward the house.
Playing on the floor in front of Grandpa.
And then they decided they wanted to play with Grandpa!
Playing with the blankets with Grandma.
Virginia is under there somewhere too.
Following Grandma through the house.
Picking peaches with Dude and Grandpa.
Everyone sitting around by the garage.
It started with the adults sitting there watching the girls on their tricycles
and then the girls sat down, too.
Paige found a new place to lay down- inside Dude's guitar case!

Picking peaches with Dude and Grandpa.
Everyone sitting around by the garage.
It started with the adults sitting there watching the girls on their tricycles
and then the girls sat down, too.
Paige found a new place to lay down- inside Dude's guitar case!
No comments:
Post a Comment