Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Random October Stuff

October was a fun filled and busy month in our house, even with me being on crutches for most of it.  We went to a housewarming party at Pat and Vicky's (but didn't take our camera), Paige and Virginia went on their first field trip to Cox Farms, we went to a Halloween party at our neighbor's house and walked in the neighborhood Halloween parade!

Early in the month we got "Booed!" which means that one of our neighbors dropped a bag of Halloween goodies off on our doorstep for us.  We were, in turn, supposed to take bags of goodies to two neighbors, but since I only about a week post-op that didn't happen.  Unfortunately we had too many other things going on to be able to follow through.  Next year we will, though. :)  One of the things in our goody bag was sticky window decals.  Paige and Virginia put those on the window and then had their pictures taken with them, too bad you can't really see them because of the flash.
We also went one weekend to a local nursery to get pumpkins.  They had a moonbounce there which nicely entertained the girls while Ben picked out pumpkins and I sat on a hay bale.  Here are Virginia and Paige with our family of pumpkins.
There was also a lot of playing with my crutches.  If I had a nickel for every time I said, "Please put my crutches down" or "Can I please have my crutches back?" I wouldn't have needed insurance to pay for my surgery.  Here's Virginia with them.
And Paige and Virginia sharing the fun with crutches.
Ashtree likes her cat door to the basement.  Unlike the one in our old house this one doesn't have a flap in it so she can get through it more easily- and you can see her through it.
Since I was on crutches for 4 weeks I had my mom or Ben's mom come and spend Fridays with me and the girls.  One day when my mom was there she made cupcakes with the girls.  Virginia and Paige really liked putting out the cupcake cups.
That same Friday when my mom was there we went to the nursery and got bulbs to start working on our rainbow that we're planting in the backyard.  Here we all are near where the bulbs were planted.  I stayed inside and rested while they planted.
Virginia and Paige helping Dee.
Dee also bought Virginia and Paige their own umbrellas.
Paige with her umbrella.
And then after the planting and playing with umbrellas we iced the cupcakes- after washing our hands, of course.
Ben and I also did some online shopping in October to make sure the girls would be well dressed for the cooler months.  Ben picked these shirts out in honor of his parents- Pops is from Arkansas and Mimi is a graduate of the University of Tennessee, and a Tennessee native.  Virginia really liked wearing her "Razorpig" and Paige liked her "T for Mommy."
We went to Mimi and Pops' house one day for lunch and Virginia and Paige had fun showing off their new shirts.
The Wednesday before Halloween my office had our annual Halloween party where we're strongly encouraged to dress in costume.  I decided I was going to be Max from "Where The Wild Things Are."  Virginia and Paige loved it!  They keep asking me to dress up as Max.  No one at work really got it, but that's okay.  It made my daughters happy and that's all that really mattered to me.

No comments: