Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten!

Today Paige and Virginia had their first day of kindergarten.  They loved it and can't wait to go back tomorrow!  Last Thursday Ben and I went to back to school night and got to meet their teacher.  Then Friday morning the girls got to go with us to meet Ms. Boyd and Ms. Everhart- their teachers.  Everything went well and the girls were looking forward to starting school.

This morning we got up and got ready for school.  Ben and I took the girls to Minnieland (their daycare) and stayed with them to see them get on the bus and head to their elementary school.  They got on without looking back and found a seat together on the bus.  From what they've told us they had a great day.  Paige asked me earlier if they're going again tomorrow and when I said yes her response was "YAY!"  I'm glad they like it and hope they keep up the enthusiasm, although, it would be nice if they'd start going to bed at a normal time.  Last night they were up until almost 10 and right now it's almost 9 and they're still awake.

I picked the girls up from Minnieland a little early today and took them for frozen yogurt which we all really enjoyed.  Tomorrow I'll drop them off at Minnieland at their normal time and it will be what will become a normal day for all of us.

Paige and Virginia on their first day of kindergarten
Sweet girls by the tree in front of our house. 
 Our big girls getting on the bus and not looking back.
Paige and Virginia enjoying some Kuleyos after school.
Tonight Ben and I finished our first kindergarten homework assignment- all of the paperwork involved with the start of the school year.  The girls won't have homework until October, but we sure had our share tonight.  We're looking forward to a fun school year!


No comments: