Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bad nights

Why oh why won't these little girls sleep? They're almost 8 months old, shouldn't they be sleeping through the night? Yes, they should, but they're not.

Monday night was awful. Someone was up practically from 10:30 pm to 3:30 am or something like that. Fortunately for us, my mom was there that night, so she got up with them. Even though we may not have to get up everytime they wake up Ben and I still hear them every time. So, basically, no one got much sleep in our house Monday night.

Then last night was somewhat better. Everyone slept until 2 am, which in itself was an accomplishment. But then both of them woke up and neither baby wanted to go back to sleep. By the time Ben and I got them back to sleep and in their cribs it was about 4 am. Well, Ben's alarm goes off at 4:30, so there wasn't really any point in going to sleep. I think I dozed a little while Ben was getting ready for work, but we've both essentially been up since 2 am.

I got really frustrated with Paige chewing on her blankets at 3:30 am that I took them away from her. I put her in a sleep sack and shortly thereafter got her to go back to sleep for good. She didn't wake up when I put her in her crib, like she had the two previous times I'd put her in her crib (at 3 and 3:30). I don't know if the sleep sack had anything to do with it, but when I checked on her before I left for work she had not moved from where I put her down at 4. I think she'll be going to bed tonight in a sleep sack. We might as well see if that helps her sleep. Please, please, please let them sleep tonight!

Virginia has a bit of an excuse for not sleeping well at night- she's getting her second tooth! I think it's really hurting her gums because she's definitely been fussier than normal. It broke through yesterday, so hopefully she'll be back to normal soon.

Speaking of Virginia, that child is all over the place! She's not actually crawling yet, but she can get to whereever she wants to go. She rolls, pushes herself backwards on the hardwood floors and spins around to get to where she's going. Paige can do all of that, too, but she's also content to just sit on the floor and play. Most of the time Paige would rather be sitting than laying down, so she doesn't get all the exercise and practice that Virginia does. I have a feeling, though, that it's not going to be long before these girls are crawling. We'd better get started on babyproofing! And we need to figure out how to keep Jefferson's toys away from the girls. I've had to take them away from Virginia more than once. We taught the dog not to mess with the girls' toys, but how do we teach the girls not to mess with the dog's toys?

No comments: