Monday, February 23, 2009

Prayer Request for a friend *updated

Let me go ahead and apologize for this being a sad post.

There is a message board for moms of multiples that I spend a lot of time on. About a month ago one of the moms on there posted about her identical twin girls being diagnosed with a genetic disease- Werdnig-Hoffman Disease. Children with this disease generally do not live past the age or 2. Her daughters are a couple of months younger than Paige and Virginia. The women from the message board are a pretty tight knit group. We may have never met each other in person, but we are always there for one another, no matter what happens. When Brook posted her news about her girls it broke all of our hearts. And a bunch of us got together via e-mail to figure out what we could do to ease things for Brook and her husband. We started collecting money and have managed to collect a pretty decent amount which is being used to buy things for Brook and her family and some of it was sent to them in a check so that they can use it for whatever they need. I can't even imagine what their medical bills must be like. They're also taking time off of work so that they can spend as much time as possible with their precious girls in the short time they have left. The women from the message board are a wonderful group and I feel lucky to "know" them.

Anyway, as you can tell, my brain is kind of all over the place. The reason I'm writing this today is to ask for your prayers for Brook and her family. It was posted last night on the message board that one of Brook's little girls, Carynne, became a true angel yesterday morning. They didn't know that it would happen this fast. I am completely heartbroken for them. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to lose one of your children, especially knowing that you will have to go through the same thing again soon with your other child.

If you're interested in reading about the girls, here is a link to Brook's blog about them: http://sweetgirlies.blogspot.com/

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. I know I'm hugging my girls a little tighter after hearing this news. Ben and I are so incredibly lucky that we have two healthy, happy little girls.

** I just saw this morning on the message board that Carynne's sister, Sydney, joined her in heaven last night. Her parents were able to be there holding Sydney when she passed, whereas they were not with Carynne. I hope being with her when it happened helps to give them some peace. Please, please, please keep this family in your prayers.

Rest in peace Carynne and Sydney.

No comments: