Friday, June 26, 2009

Tomorrow... and one year ago today.

Tomorrow is Paige and Virginia's first birthday. I cannot believe that it has been a year since they were born. That just doesn't seem possible. This year has flown by. We are having a birthday party cookout tomorrow at Ben's parents' house. Check back next week for pictures from the party.

It was one year ago today that I had my last OB appointment and ultrasound. I saw Dr. Hodges that morning and everything looked pretty good. My blood pressure was a little high, so he ordered some bloodwork. He did not check my cervix since I'd been having some contractions and he didn't want to irritate things. That afternoon I went for a non-stress test and ultrasound. The non-stress test went fine and didn't pick up and contractions. The ultrasound went well, too. Paige was measuring 6 pounds 10 ounces and Virginia was measuring 6 pounds 12 ounces. And we learned that Virginia had flipped to breech.

Later that afternoon I got a phone call from Dr. Hodges. He told me that my bloodwork showed I was heading down the road towards preeclampsia, so we needed to put an end date on the pregnancy. He was all set to schedule an induction until I told him about our ultrasound. Since Virginia was measuring bigger (although just slightly) and was breech he recommended a c-section. I agreed. He was going to be at the hospital all day the next day, so he told me he'd call me from there and we'd schedule my c-section for one day the following week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

We ended up meeting Dr. Hodges at the hospital the next morning...

No comments: