Our new cleaners came yesterday for the first time. They did an amazing job, especially on our master bathroom. I won't tell you how bad it looked, but let's just say that no we are mildew-free! They were supposed to come sometime between 12 and 2. They finally showed up about 2:25, which was fine, or would have been had they not needed to be here for two hours. For their afternoon nap the girls normally go down between 3 and 3:30 and sleep until 4:30. Well, yesterday there was no way they were going down for a nap with a bunch of strange people making noise in their house. I tried, but had to luck, so I ended up sitting on the couch with both girls and the dog for about an hour while our house was being cleaned. By the time the cleaners left it was almost 4:30, which is when we get the girls up from their nap, so I couldn't really put them down then. I just figured we'd keep them up for a couple of more hours and they'd have an early bedtime.
I started feeding them their dinner at about 5:20. By 6pm this is what we saw:
First Paige fell asleep

And then Virginia fell asleep

Virginia and Paige sleeping in their high chairs

We decided that we would let them sleep until about 6:30 and then we'd get them up and let them play until 8 or so and then give them their bedtime bottles. We finished eating our dinner, cleaned up and sat down in the living room to watch tv and relax until it was time to get them up. But about 6:20 they both woke up crying- probably wondering what the heck they were doing in their high chairs and where Mommy and Daddy were.
We got them up and played with them for awhile. Since they were acting tired, we decided to do bedtime bottles at their normal time of about 7:30. They both took their bottles fine and Virginia was out by about 8. Paige, on the other hand, thought being awake was fun and didn't go to sleep until about 9. And then I was up with her again from 2-3:45. Fun night.
Next time the cleaners come, the girls and I (and possibly the dog) are leaving. I don't know where we're going, but we're not going to be here. I learned my lesson.
No comments:
Post a Comment