This past weekend the Washington DC area got a record breaking snow! The biggest snowstorm we've ever gotten in December. I believe the official measurement at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (or whatever the office title of National is) was 16.4 inches or something like that. At my last measurement at our house Saturday night I got 25 inches (but that may have been in a bit of a drift)! We literally did not leave the house all weekend except to shovel and to take the girls out to see the snow for about 10 minutes on Sunday. We all also had/have colds, so it was nice to be able to just hang out at home and not worry about going anywhere. The girls were very good this weekend even though they were trapped in the house.
This is what we woke up to Saturday morning. The snow started Friday night before we went to bed, so we knew we'd wake up to snow, but didn't expect this much. My first measurement of the day was 11 inches!

I made us all pancakes for breakfast. Here is a picture of my audience while I was cooking.
Virginia and Paige
Check out how you can see Virginia's milk cup falling into the kitchen.

Early Saturday afternoon. Our deck was slowly disappearing under the snow.

Saturday evening Ben suggested I go outside to get a picture of the front of our house. Of course, stupid me went out in my slippers since the sidewalk had recently been shoveled, but I still got snow in my slippers. Here's a shot of the house with the flash. Still snowing.

And here's one with the flash off. Look in the bay window- you can see Ben and the girls looking out.

Happy Paige

Virginia wearing her daddy's "Virginia" sweatshirt

Still in Daddy's sweatshirt, but now with hands and holding her bear.

Paige

Paige also had to wear Daddy's sweatshirt. She managed to wiggle her arm through the head hole making the sweatshirt look more like a toga.

Saturday evening. These were taken about the time I measured 25 inches of snow on our deck.


Sunday after lunch Ben and I bundled the girls up and took them outside to see the snow. They couldn't go in it because there was too much of it- and they don't have boots. They did have fun walking on the sidewalks and seeing the snow, though.
Virginia walking outside

Paige outside

Virginia, Paige and Ben all bundled up and out in the snow

Virginia decided it would be fun to plop down on her elbows in the snow. She then went on to trying to pick up the snow. I think she'd really like the snow if we had a small snow storm so she could actually play in it.

Virginia still elbows down in the snow.

Virginia

Paige decided to sit down on the snow. It made for a pretty nice seat for her.

Paige

Paige and Virginia walking by the snow

Paige, Tobi, Virginia

And just for good measure...
Jefferson laying on turtle

And Ashtree.

No comments:
Post a Comment