Paige is normally the more talkative of the two. She's starting to try to repeat more and more words that we say to her. I actually think she tried to say "I love you" back to me the other day. She loves our animals. She always wants to pet Jefferson and take him his toys, even if he doesn't want them. And she gets really excited when Ashtree comes in the room. She loves to point out "gats" in all of their books.
Paige used to be very attached to the book "Goodnight Moon" but since she destroyed one of the copies she got for Christmas I haven't really seen her with it. We haven't given her the other copy she got for Christmas yet. Maybe we'll do that soon. She is our blanket girl. She almost always is carrying a blanket or at least has one nearby. Her favorite blanket is a blue one that my mom made her. She also really likes the pink ones my mom made, but not as much as the blue one.
Monday morning Paige woke up screaming and crying at 4am. After giving her a few minutes we realized she wasn't going back to sleep on her own, so I went to get her. She practically jumped into my arms. Paige is very good at clinging when she wants to be held. She wraps her legs around me and holds on. That was what she did at 4am on Monday. I took her back to our room and she didn't change position when I laid down with her. She fell back asleep on me with her legs around me (as far as they'll go, that is). She slept like that until Ben got up and took her back to her crib. It was so sweet.
Paige loves to play with the baby dolls she and Virginia got for Christmas. She likes to put them in the bassinet, cover them with a blanket and "ro, ro, ro" (rock, rock, rock) them. She also likes to fight with her sister over the stroller. Another recent favorite is the See and Say that they got for Christmas. Paige isn't very good at actually letting it play what it's supposed to say, but she loves to spin the thing in the middle and pull the lever, repeatedly. Another favorite past-time is dumping the Clipos and Little People building blocks all over the floor- and then Ben and I get to clean them up.
That's a little about what Paige is up to right now. She is such a sweet little girl (as is her sister) and we're lucky to have her (and Virginia). Now for some pictures.
Paige playing peek-a-boo with her favorite blanket
I wish you could hear the scream that went with this look.
Virginia took the toy Paige had been playing with and she was not happy about it.
You can't see the ponytail too well, but I love her expression in this one!
No comments:
Post a Comment