We were once again snowed in this weekend thanks to the blizzard of 2010 as the news outlets are calling it. And I guess when Dulles Airport gets 32.4 inches of snow over two days that should be called a blizzard. I don't think we got quite that much, but I know we got over two feet of snow. It started out slow on Friday. I actually took the girls out for a walk Friday morning just to get them some fresh air. We came back in the house about 9:30 and a couple of minutes later I looked outside and it was starting to snow. It snowed until around 4pm on Saturday. According to my measurements we got about 14 inches overnight Friday night.
This post is a lot of pictures. I've had lots of time to take pictures over the last couple of days. Tomorrow, though, I'm going to work (at least planning on it right now), but Ben will be home since the Federal Government is closed. The girls are going to daycare so I hope Ben enjoys his day to himself. Oh, and the best part- we have another storm coming in tomorrow. They're calling for 10-20 inches between tomorrow and Wednesday. Fun fun fun. Is it spring yet? At this rate we may not see my parents again until spring. As of this afternoon their road still hadn't been plowed.
Our deck late Saturday afternoon after the snow finally stopped falling.

The tree in our backyard.
The branches are so weighed down their touching the snow on the ground.

For Christmas Ben's parents got the girls a playset that has two tunnels, a clubhouse and a tent. The tunnels came out last weekend and this weekend we decided to put the clubhouse together for the girls to play with it. They love it!
Virginia and Paige looking through the window
in the roof of the clubhouse.

Paige, Virginia and their daddy
in the clubhouse.
Notice Ben's legs sticking out?

Virginia looking in the roof window of the clubhouse at Paige.

Paige and Virginia playing in the clubhouse.

Virginia and Paige watching a neighbor shovel his car out.
The window has been a big source of entertainment for the girls this weekend.

Our deck Sunday morning

Another shot of our deck Sunday morning.
Think we have enough snow?
Apparently Mother Nature doesn't think we do!

Sunday we attached one of the tunnels to the clubhouse for awhile. We're doing our best to keep the girls entertained with new things. Two other things that were big hits yesterday- the Eukanuba Dog Show and the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. These girls love seeing dogs on tv.
Virginia in the tunnel

Paige emerging from the tunnel into the clubhouse.

Paige leaving the clubhouse and crawling through the tunnel.

Virginia pointing to the puppies in the Puppy Bowl.

We've taken short trips out of the house yesterday and today for the girls to walk around a bit on the shoveled sidewalks and a bit on the plowed roads. They can't actually go in the snow because it's way too deep for them.
Virginia walking outside

Paige walking outside

Virginia and Paige in the street-
notice how tall the snow is behind them.

Ben, Virginia and Paige playing with the broom in the snow.

A neighbors car still covered in snow.

This is an evergreen tree in front of our neighbor's house.
We are so glad we got rid of the evergreens that used to be in front of our house.

Paige and Virginia playing with the snow.

Paige out walking in the snow today.

Paige, Virginia, Jefferson and Ben out exploring today.

Paige

Virginia in the snow.
She's on the sidewalk and all I could see of her was her head.
And that's our neighbor's BMW under the snow. She won't be driving it for awhile.

Virginia, Paige and Ben walking in the snow.

The icicles hanging from our house.

This afternoon I heard the latest weather forecast when they upped the snow prediction for the next storm from 5-10 inches to 10-20 inches. After I heard that I came downstairs and asked Ben if he wanted to go out to dinner. At first he said no, but quickly changed his mind. We called his parents and they went out with us. Here are Paige and Virginia walking out to the car with Mimi and Pops. It was so nice to get out for a meal and to see Ben's parents.

And for good measure another video of the girls playing with their tunnels last weekend.
1 comment:
looks like fun! :) and I'm jealous.
Post a Comment