Saturday, April 9, 2011

33 Months (or something close to that)

Okay, I'm a little late (alright, a lot late) with this post, but a couple of weeks ago Paige and Virginia turned 33 months old.  It's crazy to me that in three months they'll be 3 years old!  The day Paige and Virginia turned 33 months old was the day that I came back from Savannah.  After a long day in the car I didn't have the energy or desire to try to get pictures of the girls together.  Then I kept forgetting to do it.  I still never got a picture of the girls in the chair, but I did get this one of them together at the playground the other day.  We're going to call this their official 33 month picture.  It was only taken about a week late.  They dressed themselves, which is why Virginia's shirt is backwards and Paige is not only wearing fleece lined jeans, but she's also wearing shorts over them.
And then they got distracted by a barking dog.
Paige and Virginia have been waking up early in the morning, like before 6am.  They're really good, though, about playing on their own and staying upstairs and letting us sleep.  It wears on them, though.  Monday Virginia was tired enough that she laid down on the bench at the playground.  She didn't go to sleep, but she was definitely relaxed.  Friday they were tired enough that they both fell asleep on me on the couch while watching "Sesame Street."



If anyone saw us walking to the playground on Monday morning they might have thought we were crazy.  I mean, look at the way the girls were dressed.  And Paige insisted on taking her baby doll in her stroller.  Virginia was talking Jefferson.

On Wednesday I came home from work early because we were short a babysitter.  Ben's mom was sick so my mom came up and took the morning shift, mainly so I could go for my MRI on my foot, but she had to leave by noon, so I came home.  I got home in time to fix the girls' lunch.  Virginia sat down to eat and Paige started crying about something.  She laid on the floor crying for my mom and then I noticed it got quiet.  She'd fallen asleep.  I went over and moved her to the couch and she continued to sleep there.  I guess she was tired.

This evening Paige and Virginia decided to climb and sit together on the end table.  We don't normally let them sit there, but today I let them sit there long enough to get some pictures.  I don't know where they learned it, but as soon I went to take this picture Virginia said, "Cheese."

No comments: