Last Sunday my parents came up for dinner and to play with Paige and Virginia. After dinner my parents took the girls (and Jefferson) for a walk and then ended up out front playing soccer with some of the neighbor kids. Paige and Virginia kept wanting to pick the ball up, but they did sometimes try to kick the ball.
Here's Paige showing off her moves.
And Virginia heading for the ball.
Last Monday we got new carpet in our basement and now the girls have a playroom! They're so excited about their playroom. They love playing down there and talking about "their" new carpet. We're fixing the house up getting ready to try to sell it, but now we're actually liking the house better. I wish we'd done this stuff years ago, but oh well. We'll just have to remember that for the next house.
On Monday after the carpet was finished I took Paige and Virginia down to see it and let them run around. They loved all the open space (it's not that open anymore). Paige actually ran in circles singing "Playroom, playroom, playroom, playroom." I think they like it.
Super Happy Paige!
Paige didn't want to go back upstairs, so she tried to block the hallway so I couldn't get to the stairs. I don't think she's as big as she thinks she is.
Yesterday afternoon I walked into the living room and saw Paige sitting like this. She was actually talking to her bear and from what I could understand it sounded like she was lecturing him (yes, I've been told the pink bear is a boy) about not pooping in his diaper. Interesting lecture coming from a little girl who refuses to poop anywhere but in a diaper.
Then Virginia and her bear decided to join in on the fun. Such silly little girls.
Ben and I decided today that our little girls grew up overnight. They woke up early this morning and after playing for awhile they came downstairs by themselves (we were still in bed) and got yogurt for breakfast. Then when we asked them what they wanted for lunch (we were going out) they said "Mac and Cheese" so we went to a place where we could get them that. At lunch they were dishing out their own food from the bowl they were sharing. They are getting more and more independent everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment