When I was at the hospital on June 27th and found out that I was going to have my c-section that day I turned to Ben and told him I had to call Beth. Once we got into a labor and delivery room Ben left to get our hospital bag and some lunch and I made a couple of phone calls. I called Beth, but only got her voice mail, so the next call I made was to Mollie. I got her voice mail, too, but she called me back before Beth did. So I talked to Mollie and told her what was going on. Turns out that after I talked to Mollie she went for walk on the beach and gathered some shells. As she said in her note, she knew she wanted to gather shells for Paige and Virginia (although she didn't know their names at the time), but wasn't sure what she was going to do with them. Those shells are the ones on top of the boxes she gave them for their baptism. I was just so touched that she thought to gather shells for them on the day they were born and then make something for them with the shells. I shouldn't have been surprised, Mollie is always doing creative and sweet things like that!
This weekend Ben went to New Orleans for a bachelor party, so Friday the girls and I went out to my parents' house. We didn't do anything too exciting since it rained most of the time we were out there, but we had fun. The girls enjoyed having somewhere new to crawl around and new things to get in to. And I was very thankful to have the help with the girls! I probably should have listened to my mom and spent Saturday night there as well...
Grandpa Dude playing on the floor with Paige (laying down) and Virginia (standing)
4 of the 5 little ones: Alyssa (blue), Fenton (black/green), Brady (white/blue) and Paige (red/white)
This morning I was sitting on the couch and Paige was lounging leaning against the love seat and she seemed to be kind of dancing. So I grabbed my cell phone (it was the closest camera I could get) and took video of it. It's not great quality, but still cute, I think.
And just for fun, here are a couple of little videos I took of the girls this weekend. In the first one you can see Paige crawling and Virginia standing at my parents' door looking at the dogs.
In this video you can see Virginia crawling over and knocking over the stacking cups that my dad set up for her. Paige and Virginia LOVE their stacking cups. They can't stand to just let the tower stand, so they'll crawl over to it and knock it over. I will often set up the stacking cups to distract the girls when they're doing something I don't want to them to do. Hopefully that will work for a long time to come, but I know it won't.
No comments:
Post a Comment