Saturday, May 30, 2009

11 months old!

It's hard to believe that in less than a month Paige and Virginia are going to be one! This year has flown by. A year ago I was still on hospital bedrest, not sure when I was going to get to come home, or when the girls would be born. Now I have two little girls who can stand on their own!

This was a fun week. On Tuesday my parents came up and watched the girls for awhile so that I could go use the spa certificate that my parents got me for Mother's Day. It was nice. I got a massage, pedicure and haircut.

Wednesday Ben was home with the girls, and they turned 11 months old! And Wednesday night my mom was at the house, so she watched the girls and sent Ben and I out to dinner. We don't get to do that too often, so we take advantage when we get the opportunity. Thanks Mom!

Paige and Virginia, 11 months old!

Paige leaning against the couch

Virginia showing off how she can kneel (Paige is good at this, too)
And, as promised in the last post- we got pictures of Virginia standing on her own. She thinks it is the funnest and funniest thing ever. Now she'll go over to the couch, pull herself up and raise her hands in the air to show off how she can stand up. It's so cute! She's so proud of herself. She's not making any move to take any steps, though. If you stand in front of her and hold your hands out, she won't walk to you, she leans forward and falls into your hands.
Paige can stand up on her own, too, but isn't nearly as into it as Virginia is. Hopefully soon she'll start doing it more so that we can get pictures of her standing up. Paige has another new skill that Ben likes even better than her being able to stand. She crawls and cruises around saying "Da da da da de da." Ben's is really encouraging it and trying to get her to connect "da da" to him. Right now she's saying "da da" to everything, but I don't think it will be long before she figures out that Ben is "da da."

On Thursday my mom was here with the girls all day. She found a new play area for them- the window sill of the bay window. Apparently, as you can tell from the pictures, they loved it.

Paige banging on the window and Virginia at the back of the couch

Paige and Virginia at the back of the couch

Jefferson, Paige and Virginia
This afternoon we're going to a cookout at Beth's parent's house. I haven't seen Beth's parents in a couple of years, so it will be nice to see them. One of Beth's sisters, her husband and their two boys are going to be there as well. I haven't seen them since Beth and I graduated from college and I've never met their boys. It should be a lot of fun! I'll be sure to take the camera.

Next weekend we leave for a week at the beach! We've been working hard to get prepared for that trip. I just hope the girls enjoy the beach, or at least the pool...

No comments: