Sorry it's been awhile since my last post. We've been quite busy around here. In two weeks we will be at the beach for a week long vacation with Ben's parents and brother. It's amazing how much we've had to do to try to get ready for this trip already. Last Sunday Ben's wonderful parents watched the girls for us for awhile so that we could go shopping without them. We had a somewhat successful trip- we got the girls' bathing suits, beach towels and some summer clothes- and even got ourselves a few things.
On Friday the girls and I went to visit my friend, Mollie, at the school where she teaches. She teaches 7th grade science at an all girls school and has pictures of Paige and Virginia up in her classroom. Her students were so excited to get to meet Paige and Virginia in person! And Paige and Virginia were great. I was so impressed with them. They weren't such big fans of the girls holding them, but were fine playing on the floor with them. They just had to make sure Mollie and/or I were close by, which, of course, we always were. Mollie and I also took the girls out to lunch since Mollie had over an hour between classes. I ordered them food off the children's menu for the first time. That was kind of a surreal experience. When did my little girls get big enough to get food off of the children's menu at a restaurant?! Anyway, they had their first quesadilla, and loved it. Those may become a staple around our house... The school Mollie works at is in DC and we left there about 3pm, on the Friday before Memorial Day, so we had quite a trip home. It took us about an hour and 45 minutes- and Paige and Virginia slept the whole way! I took my camera with me on our trip, but I never took it out of the bag. Oh well. Oh, and that was Paige and Virginia's first trip into DC! So now they've been two 4 states and DC. In a couple of weeks we'll add another state to that tally.
Yesterday afternoon Virginia started to demonstrate to us how good her balance is. She can let go of whatever she's holding on to and stand unassisted for a few seconds! And she seems so proud of herself when she does it. We haven't gotten a picture of it yet because she's only done it a few times, but I'm sure we'll get a picture soon and then I'll post it. I tried to get Paige to stand on her own, but she wouldn't loosen her grip on my fingers. I'm sure she won't be far behind Virginia, though.
Paige got her 4th tooth the other day! She now has all four of her front teeth.
We are now making plans for Paige and Virginia's first birthday party. How crazy is that?! We bought invitations yesterday and started working on them last night. I can't believe they're going to be 11 months old on Wednesday...
No comments:
Post a Comment