We took the girls to the doctor on Friday for another head circumference check to make sure their heads aren't growing too fast. Good news- head growth has slowed down for both of them and the doctor is not worried!
We got there and for the first time the girls stood up on the scale to be weighed. It was so weird to just take them over and stand them on the scale and not have to get them undressed beforehand. Virginia was 27 pounds 8 ounces and Paige was 27 pounds 4 ounces. So they're very close in weight, closer than they've been in awhile, I think.
We went over developmental stuff with the doctor and the only slight concern she has right now is that Virginia is not talking yet. Paige has 2 or 3 words, but Virginia has none. The doctor had the nurse check Virginia's hearing and she passed her hearing test, so right now that's not a concern. She made a note in Virginia's chart to check in at her 18 month appointment to see if she has words. If not, we may be off to some sort of specialist. I'm not worried, though, I know she'll be talking by then.
As far as Paige's talking, though, she says "cat" or something resembling that everytime Ashtree comes into the room and she'll often look at Jefferson and say something similar to "dog." We think she's also saying "that" but we're not real sure about that. Every once in awhile she'll say "dada" or "daddy" but not necessarily to Ben or with any consistency.
Overall they are doing great! They're big girls and are in to everything. But they're so much fun!
Sorry I don't have any new pictures in this post, but hopefully I'll have some good new ones soon. Ben and I are off to Hawaii next week and leaving Paige and Virginia with their Mimi and Pops for the week. So don't expect any updates next week. I'll try to update again before we leave, but things are going to be hectic between now and then so it might not happen...
No comments:
Post a Comment