This past weekend we decided to go out to Ben's parents' house in Berkeley Springs, WV with them. We all had a great time, especially the girls. We took over 300 pictures, but I tried to limit what I put on here. There are still quite a few, though, so be prepared for lots of cuteness!
On Saturday morning we headed for the "treehouse." We left shortly before the girls' morning nap was due to start, in hopes that they would sleep most of the way out. Which they did do. We got out there just before lunch time, so the girls had a little time to play while Pops grilled hot dogs for us for lunch.
Mimi and Pops were nice enough to get Paige and Virginia their own elephant camp chairs to keep at the "treehouse." The girls were big fans! Here they are sitting in their chairs, which they proceeded to push all over the house.

Virginia sitting in Pops' lap and holding her bear to which she has recently become VERY attached.

Paige reading a book.
Yes, she is smart enough to read the book upside down.

Paige running to Pops!

I just love the face Paige is making in this picture. She loves to blow bubbles with her mouth and is really good at it.

My sweet little Paige sitting in a chair on the deck

Do you think this chair is big enough for Miss Paige?

Virginia found the little evergreen tree on the deck and wanted to play with it. Here she is playing with it with her daddy.

Paige and Jefferson saw how much fun Virginia and Daddy were having playing with the tree, so they decided to join in.

On Sunday we decided to go over to Cacapon State Park for a picnic lunch. We all had a good time eating, listening to music (there was a band playing for some reason) and walking around the park. Here are Paige and Virginia in their fishing hats that Mimi and Pops got them last year.

And here's Ben wearing Virginia's fishing hat. Isn't he cute?!

Virginia wearing Pops' hat. Doesn't she look cool?

Virginia doing her best Mushmouth impression with Pops' hat.

Jefferson also joined us at the park. He had fun watching all the people and barking at the other dogs.

Where does she get this scowl? I can't even tell you how many times over the past 30 years my dad has told me, "Wipe that scowl off your face." I guess Paige will be hearing those same words for years to come.

After lunch Daddy decided to blow bubbles for the girls. Here are Virginia and Pops watching the bubbles.

Daddy blowing bubbles for Paige, who seems to be more interested in whatever is in her right hand.

More bubbles! This time Virginia actually seems entertained by them.

After bubbles Paige and Virginia went for a walk with Mimi and Pops while Mommy, Daddy and Jefferson hung out on the blanket. Here they all are walking away from us:
Mimi, Virginia, Paige, Pops

Virginia had to stop and check to make sure Mommy and Daddy hadn't run away. Don't worry, honey, we're still here.

Ben took this picture of me and I absolutely love it. It's my new favorite picture of me, so I thought I'd share it.

Back from watching the band over in the pavilion, Pops, Paige, Virginia and Mimi stop at a picnic table.

Paige "dancing" with Pops

And then we headed over to the playground. They, unfortunately, only had one swing that would work for our girls, so they had to take turns swinging. They sure do love swings!
Could Paige smile any bigger?

Look, Mom, no hands! Virginia was so happy in the swing!

And then there's the lake. We walked over there and apparently Virginia saw something across the water that she wanted to point out to her daddy. Maybe she wanted to go swimming since there's a beach across the lake.

Paige picked up two sticks and wanted to share one with her sister.

Back at the treehouse, Jefferson was worn out and Paige decided to pet him.

Before dinner Mimi got out the Playdough. Paige and Virginia weren't quite sure what to think of it. They both tasted it and decided it didn't taste very good, but I think they both ended up being more entertained by the plastic containers it came in than in the actual Playdough.

But Mimi and Daddy had fun playing with the Playdough!

Time for a walk in the yard. Daddy and Paige playing on a big rock they found in the yard.

Virginia and Mimi walking down the stairs to go play in the yard with Daddy and Paige.

Hanging out by the firepit. Pops, Virginia, Daddy, Paige

Paige and Daddy walking in the yard.

Mimi holding Virginia while Virginia plays with the windchimes.

Family picture under the windchimes: Paige, Mommy, Daddy, Virginia

Paige making the same face her daddy used to make.

Virginia with her bear

Paige playing on Pops' computer.

Virginia giving her daddy a look. I think she was done getting her picture taken.

Monday after lunch we headed home. Well, Ben and I headed home, but on the way we dropped Paige, Virginia and Jefferson off at my parents' house. Since Tuesday was my mom's day to watch the girls and our cleaners were coming, my mom asked us to drop the girls off at their house to spend the night. Ben and I enjoyed the evening alone by going out for dinner, stopping by the bookstore and just relaxing at home. Man, was the house quiet...
1 comment:
I don't comment much, but I always read. I had to comment on your beautiful picture. I love that picture of you! Gorgeous!
~blueladybug
Post a Comment