Paige and Virginia- 15 months old!
Thank you, Mimi, for the adorable outfits!
Thank you, Mimi, for the adorable outfits!
Yesterday Paige and Virginia turned 15 months old! They're starting to look like such big girls. Or maybe they just do to me since I was just away from them for a week. Ben and I just got back yesterday from our week in Hawaii, but I'll do a post about that later after I download the pictures.
Paige and Virginia are both walking everywhere now. No more crawling in this house. They are still taking one bottle a day- at bedtime, but we're going to start working on getting them off of that soon. (If you have any advice on dropping that bottle, let me know.) They're starting to attempt to eat with utensils. They really like to eat off of them, but have a hard time getting food onto their forks or spoons. But if you put it on there for them, they're happy to try to get the spoon or fork to their mouth.
Paige has recently become very attached to the book "Goodnight Moon." She carries it around with her most of the time and loves it when people read it to her. We received 3 copies of that book at our baby shower last year and didn't know what we would ever do with 3 copies. Well, Paige is now carrying around the last copy we have. They have destroyed the first two copies. We may end up having to buy more copies! Paige also likes to carry around a little blanket that my mom made for her. It's pretty normal for her to be walking around carrying her blankie and "Goodnight Moon."
And then Virginia still loves to carry around her bear. We actually keep one bear in her crib and one in the living room so that she always has one. The one from the living room often goes for rides in the car with us. It's also not uncommon to see Virginia carrying around a book called "Water Water Everywhere." It's a bathtime book that Ben's parents got for the girls. Virginia loves it, but she doesn't often let people read it to her- she'd rather just flip through the pages on her own.
Paige now wants to know what everything is. She walks around pointing at things and saying "dat" or something like that. All she wants is for you to tell her what everything is. We're still waiting for first words from Virginia. She's starting to babble "dadadadada" more, so maybe "Dada" will be her first word. I know that would make Ben incredibly happy!
The girls are starting daycare next week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We've been incredibly lucky that our moms have watched the girls for us while I've worked for the past year, but we've decided it's time to put them in daycare. I think it will be great for them to socialize with other children their age and I'm hoping they'll learn a lot (of good things) in daycare. The girls and I are going to go to the daycare for awhile on Friday so that the girls can play with the children there and get to know everyone before I drop them off there Tuesday morning. It's going to be quite an adjustment for everyone. Oh, and I'm still going to be working 3 days a week. Ben's mom and, sometimes, my mom are going to watch the girls on Wednesdays.
And now, I'm off to get to all the things I need to do today. I'll post about last week later when I find time.
No comments:
Post a Comment