I was off work on Wednesday because I had a doctor's appointment (clean bill of health!), so I was home with the girls most of the day, except when Ben's mom came over to watch them while I went to the doctor. Wednesday morning the girls were playing in the living room like they normally do when Paige fell and hit a plastic toy bin with her head. At least I thought she'd hit her head. She cried, so I picked her up and comforted her and looked at her. I didn't see any obvious damage, so when settled down I put her back on the floor to play. A couple of minutes later I looked back at her and saw that she hadn't hit her head, she'd hit her face!
Here's Paige in her high chair at breakfast- the bruise was already obvious.

Paige was fine, so we went about our day. I noticed after I got back from the doctor that the bruise was starting to spread and it looked like Paige was going to have a decent shiner from her fall. Great, two days before they go back to the doctor. But, whatever, toddlers fall. She's fine.
So that evening before dinner the girls are back playing on the floor. This time Virginia falls and starts to cry. She also cried for just a few seconds and was fine. But when I looked closely at her I saw that she had hit her face on a toy- in the EXACT SAME SPOT as Paige had hit that morning. What are the chances of that? Virginia's didn't bruise as badly, but she does have a bruise on her cheek. No shiner, though, thank goodness.
Here are Virginia and Paige in their high chairs at dinner. If you click on the picture to blow it up you can kind of see their bruises.

Paige's first black eye

Virginia's bruised cheek.

I know they are identical twins, but I don't think they always need to be identical. We're in trouble if they always have to have the same injuries...
Oh, and then this morning Paige fell and hit her poor little forehead on one of our gates, so now she has a bruise from that, too. These girls must be my daughters!
2 comments:
But at least they look adorable with their bruises! They are just so cute :)
poor baby!
Post a Comment