Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Another week of daycare, another fever

We thought we were doing so well. Sure, the girls had snotty noses, but that was all we'd had since Paige's fever from the flu broke on October 25. Two whole weeks with no illness (for the girls at least) other than snotty noses! We were doing great. And then Paige woke up on Saturday with a fever. Ugh! It was 103.7 when she got up, but crept up to 104.4 at one point on Saturday. Some medicine and a tepid bath brought it down and she was doing fine. Sunday she was doing better and I thought we were on the mend. And then she got up from her afternoon nap. She was burning up, so I took her temperature- 104.9! Some paperwork we have from the doctor's office said to go to the ER if the temperature hit 105, so we were one tenth of a degree away from the ER. Oh my goodness. Thankfully, more medicine another tepid bath (for Paige and Mommy) brought it down. She recovered well enough that I was able to go out to dinner with some new friends. And she was very good for her daddy while I was out. Monday her fever broke! It was a little elevated (up to 101) in the late afternoon, but we gave her some Motrin and she was fine. Virginia's also decided to go up a little on Monday, but it didn't get too high- nothing like Paige's over the weekend. They both woke up well enough on Tuesday to go to daycare. Thank goodness.

Last night Virginia was worn out. Probably because she'd woken up about 4:45am. She slept a little longer before getting up for daycare, but still didn't get the night's sleep that she needed. So after bedtime bottles last night I was cuddling with both girls as I normally do, and this video shows what they were doing. Virginia is the one on my right and Paige is the talkative one on my left. How cute are they?!




Original Video - More videos at TinyPic


Today the girls go to the doctor for their 15 month check up. Yes, they are 16 1/2 months, but this was the soonest we could get their appointment because I waited too long to schedule it. Oh well. After their appointment I'm dropping them off at daycare and enjoying an afternoon to myself, starting with getting my hair cut. YAY! I can't wait!

No comments: