I know it's been awhile since my last post, and I'm sorry. I got caught up with life and had other things on my mind. Some good, some bad.
The good include such things as our annual beach vacation which will take place next week! We leave Sunday and we're taking the laptop, so I should be able to do updates from there. Hopefully the girls will enjoy it as much as they did last year.
The bad is so very sad. Another friend from my Moms of Multiples message board lost a precious child last week. Justice Wayne Blakey was only 20 months old when he left this world. JW was born 12 1/2 weeks early and had lung issues since birth. He was on supplemental oxygen his whole life, but was still enjoying life and doing all of the things that little boys should do, including playing with his 4 year old twin sisters. He contracted a couple of viruses is December, including H1N1, and ended up in the hospital for quite awhile from those, but came through. He was a real fighter. Unfortunately a couple of weeks ago he was admitted to the hospital with what they thought was little more than a common cold. He was on a ventilator because his underdeveloped lungs needed the help. He continued to have problems with his oxygen saturation until it got to the point last Thursday that there was nothing more the doctors could do and he could not keep his oxygen levels up. His poor mother, Tiffany, was told to just hold him. And hold him she did, as he took his last breaths.
All of us on the message board are heartbroken for Tiffany and we're trying to do anything we can to help her. Yesterday was JW's memorial service so in memory of JW we all dressed ourselves and our children in blue and blew bubbles, hoping that some of them could get to JW in heaven.
I blew some bubbles while I was at work because I wanted to do it at the time that I knew the memorial service was happening in Colorado Springs. You might notice the bandage on my arm- that's because this picture was taken right after a coworker and I had returned from donating blood. I figured donating blood was the least I could do. Maybe my donation can help prevent another mother from going through what Tiffany is dealing with right now.
After we got home I took Paige and Virginia out on the deck and I blew bubbles for them. They loved it, but I had issues taking pictures. It's hard to blow bubbles and be quick enough to grab the camera to take pictures of them, but I managed to get a few decent ones.

Virginia and Paige (hiding behind Virginia)
reaching for bubbles
reaching for bubbles
No comments:
Post a Comment