Sunday, June 6, 2010

Are you ready for some pictures?

I'm sorry about the lack of pictures and posts this past week. The wireless connection we had at the beach was mediocre at best, so it would have taken forever to upload pictures. We're home now so I'm going to get started on picture posts. I have a bunch of pictures, so I'm going to do this a couple of days per post. I'll start with the first day or two in this one and do others later.

We stopped at a farm market on our way down on Sunday to get some fruits and veggies for the week. They had awesome "shopping carts" that the girls got to ride in while Pops pushed them around. We also saw a small horse, aka a great dane, that really interested the girls. You can see part of the dog in this picture. Virginia and Paige in the cart.
Virginia and Paige in the cart again.
Paige and Virginia after lunch outside Awful Arthurs. Can you tell Paige didn't feel well? She ended up with a 103.7 fever Sunday night, but recovered quickly.
Check out how cool Virginia looks in Pops' sunglasses?
Uncle Lloyd, aka "Oyd," reading to Paige and Virginia.

After we got to the house on Sunday Virginia and Pops decided to check things out and walked out to the end of the walkway to the beach. I followed them and snapped a few pictures. This was the best one.
This is the sunrise from Monday morning. Virginia and I were up at 5:45 and got to see this. It's very pretty, but I'd rather been sleeping. I guess I should just be happy that Virginia went back to sleep in bed with us after she woke up at 2:30am.
Virginia showing off her beach outfit Monday morning. These long sleeved beach shirts were great to have. We made sure to put sunscreen all over them, but it was nice not having to worry too much about missing spots on their upper bodies since we knew they were going to be covered.
Virginia out on the beach. Here she is with her bucket dumping water from the baby pool into one of the shapes.
Paige using her shovel to put water from the baby pool into a butterfly.
Paige with her shovel and castle piece.
Virginia sitting by the baby pool and Paige sitting in the sand.
Paige in her chair.
Virginia and Paige sitting in their baby pool. The baby pool was suggested by a friend of Ben's from work. It was great to have. It gave the girls some water to play in without having to contend with the waves. It also gave them a cool place to sit. They loved it!
Paige hanging out on the beach.
Virginia looking super cool in her sunglasses.
Paige and Virginia on the beach.
Paige playing with Mimi on the beach.
The delicious fruit salad I made. Isn't it beautiful?!
Virginia, Mimi and Paige sitting on the deck.
And that's the first day on the beach.

No comments: