Tuesday night didn't go as smoothly because I don't think Virginia was feeling very good. As we tried to leave she started to cry. And it wasn't a "don't leave me" cry, it was more of a "I don't feel good" cry, so we stayed and comforted her. Ben actually ended up taking her into the other room and rocking her for a few minutes while I sat with Paige and kept her from freaking out. When Ben brought her back into the room she still cried when we left, but it wasn't as pitiful a cry as before so we left her to work it out. She cried a few more times throughout the night, but did alright. Wednesday she felt better and was good for Mimi. She also hadn't napped at daycare on Tuesday, so I imagine that had something to do with it, too.
Naps have also been going well. Sure it takes a little longer for them to settle down, but we only had one incident of them leaving their room and that was their first "nap" in their toddler beds. The only real problem we've had with them at nap time is them taking off their diapers. We can deal with that, though, even if it does mean more laundry. :)
Potty training is also going really well. Last week we had some issues with Paige wanting to wear underwear but not wanting to pee on the toilet, so she was holding it until she got a diaper or had an accident. This week it seems to have really clicked with her. The only accident she's had this week was on Wednesday when Mimi was here and Paige went to the bathroom, but couldn't get her pants down quite fast enough.
Virginia has not had any accidents since last Wednesday! She did have to get a new shirt at daycare on Tuesday because she wasn't sitting back far enough on the potty, but that's okay.
We're still waiting to get poop on the potty, but that's okay. They will both ask for diapers if they need to poop- and we're alright with that. They'll get that when they're ready.
We did have a big event today, though. The girls and I went to my friend Mollie's house for awhile this morning. The girls loved playing with Baby Tessie (or really playing near Tessie) and before we left their house to go out to lunch Paige and Virginia both peed on the potty at Baby Tessie's house! This was the first time I've successfully gotten them to use the bathroom somewhere other than our house or daycare, so it was really exciting! The girls were proud of themselves, too. Paige immediately told me, "I go pee baby Tessie house," which would translate to "I went pee at Baby Tessie's house." YAY!
Here are some pictures from our visit to Baby Tessie's house today.
Baby Tessie
Paige and Virginia exchanged Christmas gifts with baby Tessie today. Baby Tessie/Mollie got Paige and Virginia matching outfits for them and their dolls. I put Paige's doll's outfit on and she loved it!Mollie and Steve have a cradle that Mollie's grandfather made and her mom used for Mollie and her siblings. They're not using it for Tessie, but Virginia and Paige sure had fun playing with/in it. They put their dolls and bears down for a nap in it and then climbed in on top.
And then Virginia decided she wanted to climb in and pretend to take a nap.
I've decided I'm not going to do another year of photos each day, but I'm going to use my photo a day blog from 2010 to post at least one video of Paige and Virginia each week, so be sure to check it every week: http://rowlandsin2010.blogspot.com/ I'm also going to try really hard to update this blog more often with some shorter posts instead of the long ones I've been doing, so check back often!
No comments:
Post a Comment