We are currently having our biggest snowstorm of the season, so far at least. It's a mess out there. Ben left work 4 1/2 hours ago and still is no where near home. My dad is coming to our house, too, because he was in DC today and he's been maybe 5 miles from our house for about the last two hours trying to get here. Thankfully my bosses kicked us out of the office at 2, so I made it home no problem and before the snow even started.
Paige and Virginia were very excited about the snow this afternoon and even more excited tonight when I took them out with me to shovel snow. All three of us got to use the snow shovels that we got for Christmas. I shoveled out Ben's parking space while the girls played with their shovels and tried to shovel the sidewalk.
Here's a picture from our kitchen door this evening. I took it without the flash, so the shutterspeed was slow, but it still kind of shows how pretty the snow is.
This is from yesterday. I came downstairs from taking a shower and this is where I found Jefferson- laying on the arm of the couch.
Virginia and Paige when we were coming in from shoveling tonight.
Paige getting some last minute shoveling in before going inside.
So that's what we're dealing with right now. It'll be interesting to see if we can get out tomorrow. I'm just happy that we have power. I talked to Ben's mom awhile ago and they do not have power, so I'm going to count my blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment