Last Friday Paige, Virginia and I went to Maryland for a playdate with a friend and old coworker of mine and her one year old twin boys, Holden and Pierce. I had met the boys once before when they were only a few months old, but Suzanne (their mom) had never met my girls. We had this playdate scheduled for a couple of weeks ago, but then the day before it Paige came down with a fever so we stayed home. Thankfully that fever didn't turn into anything more.
I forgot to take my camera to Maryland with us, so I only got a few pictures and they were all taken with my phone. Thank goodness for my new phone with a decent camera.
Paige was grumpy on Friday morning so she decided to throw a fit when I was trying to get us out of the house- the stripped all of her clothes off and ran from me. She loves to strip her clothes off when she gets mad. It's funny at times but not when you're trying to get everyone together to leave. Then Paige also did some screaming in the car. She kept dropping things and when I couldn't get them for her she screamed at me. I had to stop at one point to get her stuff for her so she'd stop yelling. Just a few minutes after that I saw this in my rear view mirror. (Note, I was stopped at a red light when I took this picture.) Think she was tired?
Paige and Virginia were very excited about the "baby boys" as they were calling Holden and Pierce. But in true Paige and Virginia fashion they were silent for most of the time we were there. They loved playing with the boys toys, though, and they were okay with the boys pulling up on them and trying to hang out with them.
We took birthday gifts for Pierce and Holden, so here's a couple pictures of Paige watching the boys try to open their birthday gifts. Pierce is the dark haired one closest to the camera and Holden is the lighter haired one behind the ball. I'm not sure where Virginia was.
Suzanne was also nice enough to fix us lunch and keep the girls supplied with fruit. It was a great playdate and hopefully we'll be able to do it again soon.
I mentioned in my post about Kendall's party that I twisted my ankle that morning. I ended up going to Urgent Care the next day and was diagnosed with a sprained ankle. I wore my air cast for a week and a couple of days and realized that while my ankle felt better, the arch of my foot was now very painful. On Wednesday I went to see a foot and ankle specialist. He gave me this beautiful boot to wear. Turns out I have a sprain and an extra bone in the arch of my foot. He said about 30% of people have the extra bone and some people have no problems with it, and some people twist their ankle/foot just right to cause problems with it. It's embedded in the tendons/ligament in the arch of my foot, which is where the sprain is so every time I take a normal step it pulls on the tendons and bone. In order for it to heal I have to have my foot immobilized, hence the boot. He wouldn't give me a straight answer on how long I have to wear it. I go back in two weeks and if things are better I'll probably have an MRI and we'll go from there. There is a possibility of surgery in my future, but I'm trying not to worry about that (or the 3 month recovery from it) right now. The boot will work, it has to.
No comments:
Post a Comment