You must excuse me for the lack of posts. We're living with Ben's parents right now and there's just not time for me to sit down and work on the blog. I'll try to do better once we move into our "new, big house" in a few weeks.
A couple of weeks ago we took Paige and Virginia for their 3 year well check up, just about a month late. They did great at the doctor. They got weighed and they weighed the exact same amount! They were both 37 pounds, 9.5 ounces. They were also almost the exact same height, but Virginia is all of an eighth of an inch taller than Paige. Paige is 39 inches and Virginia is 39 1/8 inches. They're in the 90th-94th percentile in both height and weight.
They got their depth perception tested at this appointment, too, by playing the "glasses game" as the woman called it. They put on special glasses and had to pick out which of two squares had the E on it. Paige and Virginia both hid behind their bears and baby when the woman came into the room, but Paige warmed up to her and let her do the test. She would only pick the E out once, but that was enough. Virginia wouldn't even put the glasses on at that point. Of course, as soon as the woman gave up and left the room Virginia was crying to play the glasses game. We got the woman to come back after the girls got their exam and Virginia played the game perfectly. She picked out the square with the E twice.
Paige and Virginia are both very healthy little girls. Their doctor is very pleased with their progress. It's so nice to have these appointments go well and be reminded of how lucky we are to have two very healthy little girls.
We've been very busy since we moved in with Mimi and Pops. Last weekend Mimi and I went to a bridal shower, the four of us (Ben, the girls and I) went to a cookout and then on Sunday Mimi and Pops threw a party at their house. Unfortunately I don't have pictures from any of those parties.
This past weekend we were in West Virginia for a family reunion with Ben's family. I have lots of pictures from that, I just need to download them so that I can do a blog post, so be on the lookout.
No comments:
Post a Comment