Sunday, April 26, 2015

First Grade Performance

In March the first graders at Hutchison Farm did a performance of some patriotic songs.  Paige and Virginia were super excited to perform.  They practiced the songs at home for weeks before the show.  They started with the Pledge of Allegiance and then moved on to the songs.  The kids also had speaking parts where they talked about famous Americans.

Paige and Virginia's class during the Pledge of Allegiance
 They also had a "Wall of Heroes" set up in the hallway.  The kids could send in pictures and little write ups about their family members who served or serve in the military.  Paige and Virginia did ones for Pops and Dude, so they all got their picture together in front of the "Wall of Heroes."
 The kids also had art work that they did displayed in the hallway.
Virginia's drawing of the "Liberd bell" aka Liberty Bell.
 And Virginia's favorite American symbol is the flag.
 Paige also really likes the flag.  "It's pretty."
The kids all did a great job on their performance.  It was so much fun to watch them!  I have videos of the songs, but I can't seem to get them to upload.  If I get them uploaded I'll come back and post them here.

No comments: