Monday, October 26, 2009

We are FEVER FREE!!!

As of Sunday morning our house is fever free! Virginia hasn't had a fever since Thursday, but we were waiting on Paige's to break. After 5 days it finally did! YAY!

On Saturday I took Virginia to get the second dose of her flu shot at the hospital's flu shot clinic. I also decided to get one while I was there. We were supposed to get them at work, but there have been issues working out a time for that and issues with supply, so I figured I'd just get one on my own. It was a quick and painless process. Virginia had an appointment (and so did Paige, but she couldn't get it) so we didn't have to wait. Virginia was such a trooper when she got her shot. She just sat there and didn't flinch when she got the shot. No tears, no yells, nothing. The nurse giving the shot was amazed! She said she'd never had a child sit there so calmly before. I think Virginia is just at a good age for it. She doesn't realize what is going on, and she's shy in public, so she just sits there. The older children there were throwing real fits. It was really nice to be the parent with the calm, happy child.

Sunday we went to the outlet mall so that Ben could look for some shoes. It was a bad idea! Virginia didn't want to be in the stroller, so I ended up carrying her most of the time and then they both cried most of the way home. The only thing that calmed them was me singing "Old MacDonald" to them. It's obvious how much they love their mommy that my singing can get them to stop crying- especially since I can't carry to a tune to save my life. But we survived.

And now a few pictures:

Virginia comforting her sick sister
How sweet is she?!

I just love this picture! I don't know what's so funny, but obviously something is.
Virginia and Paige

In their Halloween shirts:
Virginia is BOO-tiful!

And Paige is our "lil pumpkin"

No comments: