Monday, December 13, 2010

Busy, Fun-filled Weekend

Last weekend (Dec 3-5) we had a very busy weekend.  Friday morning the girls and I got up and headed to my parents' house to bake and decorate Christmas cookies.  My mom and I used to bake cookies together every year, so I figured we'd continue the tradition with Paige and Virginia.  We had fun baking and decorating cookies, but I think the girls ate more icing than they put on the cookies.  They had a great time taking their spoon, putting icing on it and then immediately putting the spoon in their mouth.  Oh, and I think Virginia took a bite of every cookie that she picked up.  It didn't take long before we stopped giving them more cookies to decorate and my mom and I took over.

Virginia cutting out cookies
Paige cutting out cookies.  And much like her daddy she has to have her tongue in the right place to use the cookie cutter.
While we were at Dee and Dude's house the girls got to help decorate the Christmas tree.  Their Christmas tree is about 3 1/2 feet tall so it didn't take many decorations.  Here are Dude and Virginia decorating the tree.
Dee and Paige trying to decide where to put the decorations.
Dee, Paige, Virginia and Dude decorating the tree.
Virginia enjoying her icing.
Paige trying the icing.
Virginia actually putting icing on a cookie!  Most likely she immediately ate the cookie.
Saturday evening was the winter party for my Moms of Multiples club.  We went to a place called Jump Works which is a bounce house.  It's basically a gymnasium with a bunch of moonbounces and inflatable slides.  They also had some other things for the children to play with, like this Rody that Paige really enjoyed riding.
Virginia just came down a slide and was trying to figure out where Paige had disappeared to.
Virginia heading off to look for Paige, or sneak up on someone.
Paige coming out from the bottom of a slide.
Santa Claus came to the party and was giving books to all of the children.  Paige and Virginia wanted nothing to do with him.  This was as close as they got.  And they just stood there and stared.  I asked them if they wanted to sit on his lap and they both told me no, so we stayed away from him.

One of the slides was pretty big, so Ben or I had to help the girls get up the ladder which then meant we had to go down the slide, too.  At first we went down with the girls, but then Paige got brave and started going down on her own.  Here's Paige when she and Ben got to the bottom of the slide.
Paige back on Rody.  She loved these things.
Paige going down the big slide on her own.
Virginia coming out of one of the moonbounces.
After playing all of the moonbounces we had pizza and cake for dinner and then headed home.  The party was a lot of fun and I'm really glad we went.

Sunday was another big day.  My book club was meeting at Mollie's house for brunch, so I took the girls with me.  Beth and Kendall were there so it was the first time we got all four of our daughters together.  I hope they grow up to be as close as the three of us are.
Kendall is growing up so quickly.  She's 9 months old now and crawling all over the place.  Here she is pulling up on Beth's leg.  Her entire outfit is clothes that we handed down to her.
Kendall crawling across the floor with Virginia watches her.
Baby Tessie
Kendall crawling over to Tessie.
My first picture of all four of the girls: Tessie, Kendall, Paige and Virginia.
Kendall trying to crawl on top of Tessie.
Happy Kendall
The four girls: Tessie, Paige, Virginia and Kendall
Kendall trying to escape- or get Tessie.  I think Kendall is slightly obsessed with Tessie.

No comments: