The girls have been sick this week. I think Monday afternoon was the sickest they've ever been except when they had the flu last year. It started on Sunday. They were a little snotty and coughing some in the morning, but by late afternoon you could tell they didn't feel well.
Monday the girls slept until 10:30 (!) and then we hung out around the house except to go mail cookies at the post office. The girls and I watched "The Lion King" while sitting on the couch. When that ended I took the girls up for a nap. They lasted long enough for me to get in a 3 mile run on the treadmill and then they were up and crying for me. I gave them some time to go back to sleep, but that didn't happen, so about 3 I went up and got them. I carried them both down and laid each on their own couch. They didn't move from those couches for hours. They looked totally miserable and like they didn't want to move. Ben, Virginia and I ate some dinner while Paige sat in my lap not wanting to eat anything. I took their temperatures that night and Paige's was 103.2 and Virginia's was 101.8, so they were definitely sick. We gave them some Motrin before bed and they both slept all night.
Tuesday I stayed home with them since they couldn't go to daycare. They were up around 7:30 and full of energy. We had a good morning together at home and the girls went down for a nap with no real problem. I went down to the basement to try to get some work done and about 45 minutes later Virginia started crying. I moved the girls' couches down to the basement in hopes that if I had to get them up they'd chill out down there and let me get some work done. I got Virginia up and she was happy to play in the basement while I did some work while Paige continued to nap. Then about 4 o'clock Paige got up and Virginia went downhill. She started telling me that her ear hurt and would touch her ear and start crying. So I called the doctor's office and managed to get an appointment for 6:00. She and I went to the doctor and learned that she had a double ear infection, bronchitis and a touch of walking pneumonia. Yuck! She was put on her first ever antibiotic to take care of all of that.
Wednesday I went to work since Ben's mom was watching the girls. They had a great day with Mimi with no fevers. They were still coughing some and had runny noses, but other than that they were acting pretty normal. So we decided that they'd go to daycare on Thursday.
They did great at daycare on Thursday so they went back on Friday. I had noticed a little dried blood in one of Paige's ears and Thursday evening Paige started telling me her ear hurt, so I decided I'd take her to the doctor on Friday. I managed to pick Paige up from daycare and left Virginia there while I took Paige to the doctor. Paige had a really bad ear infection with a perforated eardrum, so she got put on an oral antibiotic and ear drops.
The girls are doing much better now. Their antibiotics seem to be working well and, oddly enough, they love taking their medicine. Unfortunately, it seems that the cold may have finally moved on to me and Ben. We're doing what we can to avoid it, but ugh, I can see why the girls were so miserable on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment