Monday, June 30, 2014

End of Kindergarten

June 13 was Paige and Virginia's last day of kindergarten.  It's hard to believe they're already finished with kindergarten!
Their class picture.
The week before school got out the kindergarten classes did a "Kindergarten Rocks!" performance.  Ben and I went to see Paige and Virginia's class perform and they did a great job.  They did a few songs and a bunch of poems- all with hand motions.  It was super cute.  They finished with a song called, "First Grade, First Grade" to the tune of "New York, New York."  It was all about going on to first grade and, I'm not going to lie, it made me tear up.  I just can't believe my babies are going to be in first grade.
The class performing.
Paige and Virginia hiding in the back row.
The last week of school I went and volunteered at field day.  I was in charge of the sponge toss game and it was so much fun watching the kids get soaking wet while throwing sponges to each other.  The kids all seemed to have a really good time, too.  I didn't get any pictures, though, since I was busy playing with water the whole time.

Paige on her last day of kindergarten.
Virginia on her last day of kindergarten.
Last day of school.
First day of kindergarten and last day of kindergarten side by side.  They definitely grew up this year!





No comments: