h
The girls and I had a rough day on Monday. They were grumpy, I was grumpy, it wasn't pretty. But we survived. I got out their water table and they had fun playing with that while I washed some dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. They got soaking wet and I had to change their clothes before their nap. When they woke up from their nap I heard them talking in their cribs and just left them for awhile. Then I heard a thud, which I didn't think much of, and a few minutes later heard someone (Paige) start fussing, so I went to get them. On my way to their room I heard the jiggling of a doorknob. Their doorknob. How could they jiggle the doorknob from their cribs? Well, I opened the door and Virginia greeted me right at the door- with no pants on. She had taken her pants off and climbed out of her crib. Paige was still in her crib, but was not wearing
her pants. Thankfully they both still had their diapers on, or else things could have gotten ugly...
Virginia and Paige at their water table
Today I was home with them again because I'm working Friday instead of Wednesday this week. I needed to do a run today and wanted to do it outside, so I took the girls to Burke Lake Park. My intention was to run around the lake even though I was only scheduled to do a two mile run. Good thing I only needed to run two miles because I got just past the one mile marker and Paige started to freak out. She screamed and cried and wouldn't calm down, so I turned around and headed back towards the car- and playground. She finally settled down when we got close to the playground so I took the girls to the playground for awhile. I was planning on having a picnic at the park, but after being on the playground for a little bit I decided I'd rather just go home for lunch. We came home, had a picnic lunch on the deck and played for a little while before nap time. The girls took a good, long nap and I got a lot accomplished during their nap. It's amazing what I can get done when I don't have to do a long run during nap time. So after their nap I went in to get them out. Thankfully, they were both in their cribs. I immediately noticed that Virginia wasn't wearing pants, but didn't think anything of it until Paige handed me her diaper. Thankfully it was just wet. And then I looked at Virginia and saw her diaper in her hand, so I took it from her. When I got them out of their cribs I noticed that Virginia's shirt was wet. Apparently she'd peed after she took off her diaper. I got to strip Virginia's bed (after I put diapers on the girls) and wash her bedding. I'm just glad neither one of them pooped during nap time today like they normally do. Things really could have gotten ugly.
Paige and Virginia at our picnic
No comments:
Post a Comment