Sunday, April 18, 2010

March for Babies

This morning the four of went and walked in the March for Babies in Manassas. This is a walk to benefit the March of Dimes. The girls and I did it last year in Reston, but this year we did it as part of the team for my Moms of Multiples Club, so we did it in Manassas. It is a great event and the March of Dimes is a wonderful organization and I'm glad we're able to do it. But today it was not so great. It was COLD this morning. When we got up it was 30 degrees in Manassas. 30 degrees! That's really cold. I think by the time we got to the walk it was probably in the 40s, but that's still cold and it was windy. And Ben and I did not dress warm enough. We were both in warm up pants and long sleeved shirts, but we definitely should have worn sweatshirts or jackets. I think I finally warmed up about a mile into the almost 4 mile walk. The girls kept warm, though. We had them in jackets and had two blankets on top of each of them. They were so warm and cozy that they slept for most of the walk.

We got there with plenty of time before the walk, so we let the girls out of the stroller and let them run around for awhile. They had fun climbing up to the platform that is attached to an old caboose that I guess they let people tour sometimes. They loves that. And it was perfect because it kept them contained and they could run around.

The walk went fine. We warmed up after walking for awhile and by the end I was actually sweating. As I said before the girls slept most of the walk, which was fine. Much better than last year when there was a lot of crying coming from my stroller, and times when I had to carry one and push the other in the stroller. I don't think the girls made a sound throughout the whole walk.

After the walk they had hot dogs for everyone for lunch, so we grabbed and few and went and sat on a bench and ate them. Once we finished eating we headed for home. It was a good morning, but definitely would have been better if it was a little warmer.

Here are a couple of pictures from this morning.
Family picture before the walk

Paige, Ben and Virginia eating lunch after the walk.

No comments: