Thursday, April 29, 2010

Paige is sick.

I ended up taking Paige to Urgent Care tonight because her breathing sounded awful. Their daycare teacher told me that when they were outside this afternoon Paige's breathing got really bad. She was breathing really shallow and struggling for deep breaths. She was okay when I picked her up, but her breathing got worse after I brought her home. Ben is working tonight, so it was just me and the girls. I didn't feel comfortable waiting until tomorrow morning to take her to the pediatrician, so I called Ben's mom and she came over to stay with Virginia.

I loaded Paige up and off we went. Paige was running around playing in the waiting room, but fortunately we didn't have to wait long. The doctor said that Paige has bronchitis. It's at the top of her lungs, so at least we caught it before it really settled in to them. She's now on 5 days of antibiotics and had to take a dose of steroids tonight. She fought me when I tried to give her her medicine, but I think I got most of it in her. She and Virginia are now sleeping soundly upstairs- although every once in awhile I do hear little noises from the monitor. Hopefully we'll all get a good night's sleep and Paige will feel better in the morning.

1 comment:

Tina said...

I hope she is feel better quickly and that Virginia doesn't get it.